British Actor Colin Firth was crowned King of Hollywood when he won the Best Actor award at the Golden Globes tonight. He walked away with the best actor prize at the Golden Globes for his portrayal of King George VI. The Golden Globes ceremony is usually regarded as a solid indicator of next month's Oscar winners. And another Briton, Christian Bale, now has reason to be hopeful of triumphing at the Academy Awards. His portrayal of a drug-addicted boxer in The Fighter earned him a best supporting actor trophy. The Social Network which is about Facebook won top honors with four prizes, including best drama and director.
It is nice to see that a British Actor wins the best actor award as they mostly go out to the American actors.I am familiar with actor Colin Firth as he also plays as Lord Henry Wotton in Dorian Gray which he does quite well . I haven’t seen King George VI and The Fighter yet but I am pretty sure that I will watch them. With the Oscar nominations coming up I wish him the best luck.

No comments:
Post a Comment